The little train of Cap d'Agde
The Thau lagoon, the mouth of the Hérault, the nature reserve Bagnas, marina, museum Ephèbe ... The city of Agde is full of places of interest that offer a great alternative to activities water and swimming. You plan to visit this great resort Occitan with children? Board the train to Cap d'Agde!
A comfortable train and preferred coastal views
On foot, of course, for a digestive walk after enjoying some Occitan specialties. Bike on bike paths, pedaling hair flying and burn calories when you resume a gourmet break. Looking for an original way to hang out in Cap d'Agde? A ten minute drive from upscale camping Les Mimosas, the little train of Cap d'Agde take you on an unusual journey around the resort and along the coastline. Comfortably sitting in your car, leave the colorful train is like a steam locomotive show you the natural wonders of Cap d'Agde. Adjust your sunglasses and your hat, make sure your children are properly seated and take out your camera: the train is about to leave the station.
The three circuits of the train of Cap d'Agde
- The visit seemed to you too fast? Do not panic: the little train of Cap d'Agde offers three courses commented: Cap d'Agde West: This circuit beachfront along the sandy beaches of the resort to the outer harbor. You will come to the Bay of Angels and the Island Recreation, home to several theme parks including the famous Aqualand. During the ride, you will know more about the history of the city, it was founded by the Greeks to its conversion into large resort. Duration: 50 minutes (9 km).
- Cap d'Agde East: This course will give you the opportunity to see the beaches of the Mole and Roquille beaches before joining the most surprising site tour: a stunning black sand beach and volcanic cliffs. Duration: 1 hour (9 km).
- Panorama of Mount Saint-Loup: Buckle up ... Sorry, hold fast for well climb Mount Saint-Loup on a specially designed track. Cevennes the Gulf of Lion, Camargue in Thau with the Pyrenees in the background, views 360 are striking. Keep calm, a 15 minute break is planned at the top to give you time to admire and immortalize the landscape. Duration: 1:30.
Rates on the train to Cap d'Agde
- Cap d'Agde West: 7,50 € (adults 21 years) / € 6.50 (13-21 years) / 5 € (4-12 years) / Free for children under 4 years. single price of € 5 for evening visits.
- Cap d'Agde East: € 7.50 (adults 21 years) / € 6.50 (13-21 years) / 5 € (4-12 years) / Free for children under 4 years. Panorama Mont Saint-Loup 10 € (adults 21 years) / 9 € (13-21 years) / 6 € (4-12 years) / Free for children under 4 years.
The schedules of the train of Cap d'Agde depend on the course and season. Check with the tourist office or visit www.lepetittrain.fr/ for hours and starting points (possible online reservations).
For an unforgettable day with family in the Mediterranean, visit the Aquarium of the Cap d'Agde!